LUMI supercomputer is inaugurated today! It offers European researchers a world-class tool for understanding complicated phenomena, such as climate change.
The head of the HPC Lab, Prof. Ana Proykova and the Lab team invite you to a free intensive HPC training, which will be held ONLINE on May 27th 2022, 10:00 – 18:00 (EEST).
Here is more information about the course: https://hpc-portal.eu/node/1350
- Title: Python Universe for HPC with examples: Setup, configuration, modules, preparing the code, running jobs, adjusting the code productivity;
- Event/Course Start: Fri, 27/05/2022 – 10:00 EEST;
- Event/Course End: Fri, 27/05/2022 – 18:00 EEST;
- Event/Course Format: Online, Blended (mixture of live and self-paced);
- Scientific Domain: Computer sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications;
- Technical Domain: Artificial intelligence (AI), machine and deep learning;
- Level of Instruction: Intermediate, advanced;
- Sector of the Target Audience: Research and Academia, Industry;
- Language of Instruction: English.
In order to participate in the trainings after the course, you must register on email address: email@example.com
IT4Innovations, together with Atos, would like to invite you to the course Introduction to Atos QLM and how to use it to run your first quantum circuit, which will be held on-line on 25th May 2022.
This course aims to present the main features of the Atos QLM software stack and provide two examples of quantum software that is run on Atos QLM’s emulated environment.
Introduction to Atos QLM and how to use it to run your first quantum circuit
- Date: 25th May 2022, 9.00am – 11.30am
- Registration deadline: 23rd May 2022
- Venue: on-line
- Tutor: Ivano Pullano – Atos, product manager, quantum solutions – Big
- Data and Security
- Language: English
- Web page: https://events.it4i.cz/
The legendary The CSC Summer School in High Performance Computing is doing a comeback this summer in collaboration with EuroCC.
The event will take place in 26.6.2022 – 5.7.2022.
The school is aimed for graduate students working in various fields of science, e.g., chemistry, physics, life sciences, engineering or economics as well as Industrial R&D professionals. Also undergraduates as well as post-docs will find the school very useful.The ten days of school are filled with coding, sports, leisure activities and having good time together. It will be an experience you will never forget with the midnight sun in the Nordic night next to breathtaking wilderness!
The following topics will be covered:
- Basics of parallel programming using message-
passing (MPI) and threading (OpenMP) paradigms
- Programming GPUs with OpenMP and HIP
- Efficient input/output using parallel I/O
- More advanced topics in MPI
- Hybrid parallel programming combining MPI, OpenMP, HIP
- Building real-world HPC applications.
1. Practical Guide to High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Online course
- Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 09:00 BST
- For Details and Registration:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/practical-guide-to-high-performance-computing-hpc-tickets-323088184457
2. How to Scale Up Your Company’s Code
- Online course
- Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 09:00 BST
- For Details and Registration: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-to-scale-up-your-companys-code-registration-314525473157
3. Performance Analysis for Hartree Centre Systems
- Online course
- Monday, 23 May 2022 at 09:00 BST
- For Details and Registration: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/performance-analysis-for-hartree-centre-systems-tickets-314548712667
Forbes Healthcare Summit 2022 ще събере на едно място лидери в областта на здравеопазването – собственици и главни изпълнителни директори на бизнеси в сферата на здравеопазването, болници, фармацевтични компании, здравни застрахователи, технологични компании и инвеститори.
Проф. дфн Ана Пройкова, ръководител на ЛВПИ и Спас Керимов, съосновател на биотехнологичната компания Printivo, ще вземат участие в тазгодишното събите – Forbes Healthcare Summit 20222.
Format: short presentations+ panel discussion
- Pascal Bouvry, Coordinator of the project EUMaster4HPC tp present the project ( 10min);
- Short presentations of 6 partners Universities of the programme to present their specificity and how they are complementary for the Master.
-Maria Ribera, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
-Harald Köstler, Friedrich-Alexander-
-Laura Grigori, Sorbonne Université
-Ana Proykova, Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
-Aryan Eftekhari, Università della Svizzera Italiana
-Dirk Pleiter, Kungliga Tekniska Hoegskolan
-Katerine Saleme Ruiz, University of Luxembourg
- Jean-Philippe Nominé , Vice-President for Research at ETP4HPC, Presentation of ET4HPC, private partner in the project (5min);
- Panel Discussion/ Q&A (40min) with Fabrizio Magugliani (ET4HPC) + a representative of ErasmusMundo (Elisa Molinari).
The EuroHPC Summit Week (EHPCSW) 2022 will gather the main European HPC stakeholders from technology suppliers and HPC infrastructures to scientific and industrial HPC users in Europe. As in previous years, PRACE, the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe, co-locates its Scientific and Industrial Conference (PRACEdays22) at the EuroHPC Summit Week 2022. Furthermore, the EHPCSW 2022 will provide a great opportunity for the attendees to network.
The main organisers of the EHPCSW 2022 are the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE), and the European Technology Platform for High-Performance Computing (ETP4HPC). The EuroHPC Joint Undertaking (EuroHPC JU) and the European Commission (EC) are also involved in the organisation of the conference. The logistical organisation is supported by a local host: for the 2022 edition, this will be GENCI (Grand équipement national de calcul intensif).
In this 2nd Call, EUHubs4Data wants to select and finance 14 innovative experiments carried out by SMEs and entrepreneurs, making full use of the potential of the EUHubs4Data datasets and data driven services catalogue.
You can find full guidelines for participation on the link below:
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!
By bringing together major players in HPC education in Europe, EUMaster4HPC unifies existing programmes into a common pan-European curriculum to educate students in areas such as the design, deployment, operation, and/or the use of current and future generation HPC and HPC-related technologies in Europe.
EUMaster4HPC emphasises collaboration across Europe with innovative teaching paradigms such as co-teaching and strong connections with the industry and the best specialists in HPC education to develop the most relevant and up-to-date teaching contents.
The creation of a European network of HPC specialists will strengthen mobility and mutual support between students, teachers and industrial experts. A particular focus on mobility of students and teachers will enable students to rapidly gain experience through internships and exposure to European supercomputing centres.
Students can apply online through the application form until 15 May 2022.